Sunday, October 3, 2010

Primus - Pork Soda


This is a review that I'm sure someone will disagree with. I couldn't be bothered to listen to all of this album when I had it on. "Sludge" is how I would catagorize this album from Primus. I know Les Claypool is supposed to be a genius with a bass guitar, and maybe he is, but I certainly couldn't hear it here.

I don't know why I remember this, but I'm pretty sure I picked this album up at some used CD sale at my College one day; I probably/hopefully paid, like, $5 for it. I have no idea if I spent any time with it or if it sounded better in the mid-90s, but it certainly hasn't stood the test of time. At least, not for me. AllMusic gives this album four (out of five) stars, but reading their review, I don't think that they even believe it's that good.

There is a reason that this album isn't actually in my iTunes library and is stored away in my 'extras' box of CDs instead. Having listened (or at least tried to listen) to it again, it won't be going anywhere but perhaps the local used CD store.
Recommended track(s): My Name is Mud
Worth another listen? No.
Overall rating: One Star

No comments:

Post a Comment