Monday, October 4, 2010

Sam Roberts - We Were Born in a Flame


While I think I'll always prefer the Inhuman Condition (EP) versions of my recommended tracks (below), they do stand up well here in the full-album context. Sam Roberts hasn't really held my attention, and in the seven years since this disc came out, I can't say I've heard anything from him that's made me take notice, but in this debut LP, he does manage to put out a decent straight-ahead (Juno Award winning) rock record.

I can't think of too much to say specifically about this album right now; it was a good Monday morning drive-in disc to listen to, and I didn't feel like skipping any tracks, but apart from the two big singles, nothing stood out for me. There are some nice little guitar solo's on the album which I was in the mood for, so that was a plus.

A good backyard BBQ, summer day, out on the deck kinda album. Upbeat, guitar-driven, solid vocals.
Recommended track(s): Where Have All the Good People Gone; Don't Walk Away Eileen
Worth another listen? ~Maybe
Overall rating: Three Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment