Friday, September 24, 2010

Title Track

As the sub-heading at the top of the blog explains, my iTunes library recently crossed the 500 albums mark. I actually have over 600 albums (if not more); however, only so many have made it into my library so far. Regardless, this random benchmark made me realize that there are lots of albums that I'd loved when they came out, albums that I rushed out to the store to pick-up the day they were finally released. When was the last time I'd listened to them? Are they really as good as I remember them? Have they stood the test of time? I think it's time to find out.

Welcome to Compact DISCovery.

I was going to come up with a whole bunch of rules for myself (number of albums to review per month, etc.) but in the end, I'm going to leave this kind of open and just run with it for as long as I'm enjoying it. I've done the math, and even at an album-per-day, it'd take me nearly two years to review everything I own... and I won't be going at it that hard core! I don't have to listen to every track, I don't have to do anything in particular for each review -- I'm just going to write about the album as I heard it that day and use a rough five star system to rate them for those (like me, sometimes) too lazy to read the actual review in full.

I'll try to link to the artist's website (if they have one), but as I'll likely be writing most of these entries from work during my morning break, I won't likely be able to track down YouTube links or Twitter streams for artists; but you're likely only a Google search away from finding them yourself. I'd love to hear your take on an album, so please feel free to agree or disagree in the comments section attached to each entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment